The holidays are filled with temptations. It can be hard to maintain a healthy lifestyle when going from party to pot-luck to family dinner. We have put together a few of our favorite tips to help you stay healthy this holiday season without feeling deprived.
- Practice moderation. Sugary drinks, cookies, cheeseballs: we’ve all been tempted! There is no reason you should skip out on any of your favorite holiday treats! We recommend having a little of all of your favorites but don’t overdo it.
- Don’t graze. It’s so easy to see a beautiful spread of holiday treats and to have a cookie here and a cookie there. Before you know it, you’ve lost track of everything you’ve eaten. Make a plate- it will help you limit yourself to only the treats that will satisfy you the most.
- Pick your favorites. If you’ve waited all year for your favorite Gingerbread cookies, don’t skip them. If you like (but could do without) Aunt Anne’s Fruitcake, just say “pass.”
- Don’t sacrifice your workout routine. The stress of decorating, shopping, wrapping, and cooking can sometimes cause us to put our self on the backburner. Don’t do that this year. Exercise can improve your mood, boost your energy, promote better sleep, and can help relieve some of your holiday stress. Even if it’s just a quick lap around the block, stay active this holiday season.
- Treat yourself. You’ve worked hard all year and you deserve a little pampering! Whether it’s Laser Skin Rejuvenation or a new Skin Care Regimen with our NEOCUTIS line, you deserve to look (and feel) your best this holiday season. There is no shame is sticking a little something in your own stocking. Even Santa needs a little help sometimes.
Plastic Surgeons of Lexington is the oldest Plastic Surgery group in Lexington, KY. Our practice is devoted to the surgical management of patients with aesthetic and reconstructive surgery needs. We specialize in Cosmetic and Reconstructive Surgery, Botox, DOT Laser Therapy, NeoGraft, Skin Injections, Breast Augmentation, and Liposuction. Please call our office today at (859) 276-3883 to schedule a consultation. We look forward to hearing from you!