Skin care isn’t a product; it’s a process. Whether you are preparing for plastic surgery, recovering from a surgical cosmetic procedure, addressing unwanted signs of aging or simply maintaining your skin’s natural vitality, there are several elements that go into nourishing, repairing and protecting your skin. At Plastic Surgeons of Lexington, we are proud to provide a comprehensive range of skin care options to help our patients achieve and maintain healthy, radiant skin, as well as enhance the world-class surgical procedures performed by our team of board-certified plastic surgeons.
To learn which of our many skin rejuvenation services are right for you, please contact Plastic Surgeons of Lexington today at 859-276-3883 to schedule a personal consultation. Our Lexington facility happily welcomes patients from across Kentucky, including Frankfort, Georgetown and Nicholasville.
Learn more about our skin rejuvenation services below:
- BOTOX® Cosmetic
- Chemical Peels
- Laser Skin Rejuvenation
- Microneedling and Microneedling with PRP
- NeoGraft® Hair Replacement
- Skin Care Lines
- Contact Plastic Surgeons of Lexington Today
One of the most popular cosmetic injectable treatments on the planet, BOTOX Cosmetic is used to temporarily immobilize the facial muscles used when you smile or frown. The wrinkles caused by repeated muscle contractions are called dynamic wrinkles, and they are caused by a lifetime of various facial expressions.
BOTOX Cosmetic is FDA-approved and can address a variety of aesthetic skin issues, such as:
- Forehead lines
- “Smoker’s lines” (lines around your lips)
- “Crow’s feet” (wrinkles on the outer corners of your eyes)
- Large pores
- Symptoms of rosacea
- Neck wrinkles and lines
BOTOX can help you achieve and maintain smooth, vibrant skin with no downtime. In fact, may patients come in for injection treatments on their lunch break and go right back to work after their session. Results last three to four months and even longer with consecutive treatments.
Much like BOTOX, Dysport is a neuromodulator that softens the signs of aging by blocking the nerve signals that cause certain muscle activity. When underlying muscles are relaxed, the skin above the muscles relax in turn, reducing the appearance of wrinkles and creases.
In many ways, comparing Dysport to BOTOX Cosmetic is like comparing apples to apples, but there are some differences:
- Dysport has a slightly faster onset than BOTOX
- Dysport spreads to a wider area, which can be an advantage in certain facial areas
- Dysport typically requires more units compared to BOTOX
Dysport results usually last as long as BOTOX Cosmetic, and repeated treatments are needed to maintain long-lasting results.
Restylane consists of stabilized hyaluronic acid, a natural dermal filler that is normally produced exists naturally in the human body. Restylane has been proven to be safe for clinical use as an effective and long lasting dermal filler. It restores volume and fullness to facial skin and reduces the appearance of moderate to severe folds and wrinkles.
Restylane is FDA-approved and can be used to correct a number of aesthetic facial issues, such as:
- Facial wrinkles
- Nasolabial folds (smile lines)
- Marionette lines (frown lines)
Restylane retains volume beneath the skin’s surface. The first hyaluronic acid adheres to the skin and acts like a magnet for water molecules, which helps preserve the improved volume of the skin.
At Plastic Surgeons of Lexington, we offer the following Restylane products:
- Restylane Lyft: As we get older, the natural fat within our cheeks loses its volume, causing the skin to sag and wrinkles to form. Restylane Lyft is FDA-approved and used to add volume to the cheeks and mid-face area. It can correct lines, folds and wrinkles on the sides of nose and mouth.
- Restylane Refyne: Used to correct smile lines and nasolabial folds. It is specially formulated to treat mild to moderate lines and wrinkles.
- Restylane Defyne: Also designed to treat nasolabial folds and marionette lines, Defyne is used for moderate to severe creases and lines. Results can last up to one year.
- Restylane Silk: Our lips thin and lose shape as we age, causing an increase in vertical lines around the mouth (perioral lines). Restylane Silk is designed to treat these lines by gently adding volume to the lips.
One of the most popular dermal fillers available, Juvederm harnesses the power of hyaluronic acid in a smooth injectable gel.It is designed to soften the signs of aging by smoothing facial lines and restoring lost volume in the face. In addition to plumping of depleted facial volume, Juvederm is FDA-approved to treat vertical lip lines, marionette lines (at the corners of the mouth) and nasolabial folds (between the nose and the mouth). Juvederm results last between six and nine months.
- Juvederm Ultra: This filler is used to smooth wrinkles and creases, especially around the mouth and nose.
- Juvederm Ultra Plus: A more robust filler, Ultra Plus is intended to treat deeper folds and wrinkles, such as severe to moderate nasolabial folds (smile lines).
- Juvederm Voluma: This filler is used to restore volume to mid-face area. It is ideal for lifting sagging cheeks and enhancing the appearance of high cheekbones. Juvederm Voluma can also augment the chin and treat nasolabial folds. Results can last up to two years.
- Juvederm Volbella: This Juvederm offering delivers a smoother, more delicate formulation that is ideal for reducing dark circles under the eyes, smoothing vertical lip lines and subtly plumping the lips.
Sculptra is not a wrinkle filler, but a bio activator or “volumizer.” It works by stimulating the production of new collagen in your body at the sites of injection. It restores lost volume to hollow areas of the cheeks, temples, chin and under the eyes, restoring a fuller, more youthful appearance. It can also be used to define the jaw line.
Kybella is an FDA-approved injectable that reduces submental fat, or extra fat below the chin. Injections of Kybella lead to a smooth profile for your chin, with many patients seeing results after two to four rounds of treatment.
Latisse is an FDA-approved treatment used to enhance the prominence and length of your eyelashes. Latisse was originally created to treat hypotrichosis, a condition characterized by abnormal hair patterns, usually reduction or loss.
Thanks to its convenient application method (eye drops), you can easily create thicker, fuller lashes in the comfort of your home.
By applying Latisse eye drops once a day to your upper eyelashes, you can get the gorgeous, thick eyelashes you deserve with long-lasting results. You’ll begin to notice results in about four weeks, and patients usually achieve maximum results in about 16 weeks. In just a short period of time, you will achieve darker, fuller eyelashes without the hassle of fake lashes or extensions.
We proudly offer some of the most trusted skin care lines in the industry, including:
- Neocutis AntiAging
The advanced laser treatments offered at Plastic Surgeons of Lexington encompass a wide array of health and beauty applications. Depending on your unique situation, our skilled laser technicians can safely and effectively treat:
- Acne scars
- Age spots
- Pigmentation issues
- Splotchy, uneven skin tone
- Fine lines and facial wrinkles
- Tattoo Removal
At Plastic Surgeons of Lexington, we offer:
- DOT laser therapy: Dermal Optical Thermolysis (DOT) laser therapy can improve the appearance of aged or sun-damaged skin, smooth out wrinkles and reduce the appearance of acne or other scars.
- CO2 laser skin resurfacing: Fractional CO2 laser skin resurfacing is widely regarded as the gold standard of wrinkle removal. The process can improve the tone and texture of your skin while causing little damage to the surrounding tissue, leaving you with youthful, radiant skin.
- VersaPulse laser: The VersaPulse® laser utilizes a green-light wavelength that safely targets superficial blood vessels and pigmented lesions. This laser uses a variable pulse width that allows selective treatments of a wide variety of vascular conditions with minimal bruising or down-time.
This variable pulsed technology allows the physician or laser specialist to safely treat the patient's vascular lesions without harming the surrounding skin cells. Vascular and pigmented conditions the VersaPulse® laser can effectively treat include:
- Unwanted tattoos
- Brown spots, freckles
- Vascular birthmarks
- Port wine stains (red birthmark)
- Cherry hemangiomas
- Broken capillaries
Wrinkles, acne scars age spots and other blemishes can make you look unhealthy or older than you feel. Your body’s natural skin cell replacement diminishes as you grow older and a thick layer of dead skin cells can develop on the surface of your skin. This can make your skin look dull and less healthy. Chemical peels are an ideal way to overcome these common imperfections.
Our peels include:
- SkinCeuticals Micropeel Plus
- SkinMedica Illuminize Peel
- SkinMedica Rejuvenize Peel
- SkinMedica Vitalize Peel
Chemical peels are versatile treatment options that can help your skin appear healthier, softer and more supple. At Plastic Surgeons of Lexington, our skin care specialists can provide a broad array of chemical peels and other treatments to stimulate the skin cells and circulation to restore your skin’s bright, vibrant glow.
NeoGraft hair restoration is an FDA-approved process that allows our specialists to harvest hair follicles and implant them into balding areas. This process utilizes the Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) technique, the most advanced hair replacement treatment available today.
Plastic Surgeons of Lexington is proud to be the only provider of NeoGraft Hair Replacement in our area.
During your NeoGraft hair replacement treatment, our specialist will extract individual hair follicles from the back area of your head and transplant them to balding areas where they are needed. Unlike other hair replacement treatments which transplant entire patches of hair, the NeoGraft process meticulously separates every hair follicle to transplant individually, promoting continued growth of your natural hair.
Pneumatic pressure pushes the hair follicle out of its place without damaging the graft. Because each hair follicle is handled individually, there is no need for scalpels or other invasive instrument which might otherwise harm your hair follicles. New, natural-looking growth is seen in only three to four months.
We also perform light therapy with NeoGraft's NeoLTS.
Cleared by the FDA, this light therapy system targets wrinkles, acne, age spots and more to improve the look and feel of your skin.
Microneedling, or collagen induction therapy, harnesses the power of your skin’s natural repair system to correct a number of common aesthetic skin issues. Using a small, pen-sized device, our skin specialist will make microscopic pinpoint “wounds” in targeted areas of your skin. You body will then respond by creating new collagen and elastin, improving the condition of your skin and successfully treating such issues as:
- Rough skin
- Sun damage
- Certain mild scars
- Stretch marks
Platelet rich plasma (PRP) is produced naturally in your own blood. It contains highly-concentrated amounts of natural growth factors and other cytokines that encourage soft tissue regeneration. During the microneedling with PRP process, your blood sample is placed in a centrifuge which separates your blood cells from the PRP. The PRP is then applied directly into the microscopic puncture wounds created by the microneedling process to further stimulate your skin’s healing process and collagen production. PRP therapy can also be used to promote healing and speed recovery after many facial aesthetic treatments.
Plastic Surgeons of Lexington also offers a PRP package for hair restoration, including four light treatments plus shampoo and conditioner.
Dermaplane resurfaces the skin and removes fine hairs on the face, resulting in a smoother, healthy-looking complexion. The procedure is effective for patients who are dissatisfied with dry skin, irregular pigmentation and rough texture, as well as those with minor scarring from acne. Chemical peels are an effective complement to Dermaplane treatment.
To learn more about our cosmetic medicine and skin care services, please call Plastic Surgeons of Lexington today at 859-276-3883 or complete the form on our website to schedule a personal consultation. We welcome patients from across Kentucky, including Frankfort, Georgetown and Nicholasville.
We offer a skin care evaluation for $35. This fee is waived when you receive skin care treatment on the same day as your visit.